Project Engineer - Water Services
Company: Garver Engineering
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Garver is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER in Harlingen, Texas to join our established Texas Water team. The Project Engineer will be led by a Project Manager on a team consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and CAD technicians focused on the production of design phase deliverables including reports, technical memoranda, design manuals, plans, sections, details and specifications. The Project Engineer must be capable of working closely with clients to ensure their expectations of service are exceeded.
This position will be responsible for engineering calculations and detailed design for a variety of projects, such as:
* Water distribution and wastewater collection, including pumping and storage
* Sewer distribution and collection, pumping and lifts
* Water and wastewater treatment plants
* Improvements and retrofitting of existing treatment facilities
The Garver Water Team prides itself on being innovative and progressive while preserving a rich tradition of quality design. We focus on creating cost-effective designs for long-term operational efficiency while maintaining community and environmental responsibility.
* Bachelor's degree in civil, biological, or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
* Registered as an Engineer Intern (EIT)
* 5+ years of related experience
* Previous internship experience related to design of water/wastewater systems
* Strong communications skills
* Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
* Master s degree in civil, biological, or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
* Microstation, WaterCAD, or SewerCAD experience
* Registered as a Professional Engineer or ability to become a registered PE within 6 months of hire
* Experience in process modeling software, Hydromantis GPS-X or BioWin
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With nearly 600 employees spread between 28 offices in 11 states, Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation, survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig Group has recognized Garver as a best firm to work for in the multi-discipline category for five consecutive years. Garver is celebrating its 100th year with a series of client appreciation events and by supporting STEM education at 100 schools by donating funds and supplies. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, Harlingen , Project Engineer - Water Services, Engineering , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!