NURSE MANAGER GEC HCBC
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: October 19, 2018
- Serve as a role model in providing excellent customer service. Will cultivate an environment of professionalism, excellence and conflict resolution at the team level
- Completes information for the Balanced Score Card for their clinic by the 5th of the month, include action plans as required.
- Promotes effective written and verbal communications through use of: monthly meetings with Nursing Staff, e-mails, huddles, and any meetings that are conducted are documented.
- Ensures compliance with Home and Community Based Care standards, policies, and directives.
- Ensures competency of staff in Home and Community Based Care procedures/processes.
- Ensures compliance with TJC and other regulatory bodies and standards.
- Ensures compliance with Infection Control, National Patient Safety Goals standards, policies and procedures a supporting a culture of safety.
- Promotes health promotion and risk reduction strategies for through their assessment and utilization of the SAIL performance measures, ACSC conditions, HEDIS performance measures, utilization of the Primary Care Almanac, Primary Care Compass, EQm, DataMart, and EPRP data.
- Works closely with contracting staff and COTRs to ensure compliance with Home and Community Based Care contracts
- Ensures Home and Community Based Care performance measures are met or exceeded. Our facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to assume leadership in the GEC, HCBC program, and the ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team. Incumbent leads by example in defining a customer service culture to ensure that all customers are treated with respect and civility. Ensures that whenever possible works to cultivate partnerships with our customers in developing solutions to meet their needs. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. Preferred Experience: Recent experience (within the past (5) years), OP Clinic, Med-Surg, ER, ICU experience in direct patient care. Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Moderate Lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate Carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight Pulling (up to 0.5 hours); Pushing (up to 0.5 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Walking (up to 5.3 hours); Standing (up to 5.3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 5.3 hours).None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: Required. The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Harlingen , NURSE MANAGER GEC HCBC, Executive , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!