Seasonal Registered Nurse - Med/Surg Tele - Full Time - Days
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Overview The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of
safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient
care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also
directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other
nursing personnel while maintaining standards of care in the
Med/Surg/Telemetry Unit. The Registered Nurse is directly
responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her assigned
patients. He / She communicates with physician about changes in the
patients clinical condition including cardiac monitoring, results
of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond
quickly and accurately to changes in condition and/or response to
Responsibilities 1.Recognizes signs of abuse and reports
appropriately to the hospital social worker and/or Child/Adult
Protective Services. Familiar with the EMTALA Regulations.
2. Responsible for the observation and direction of patient lifts,
mobilization, and shall participate as needed in patient
3. Attends and maintains mandatory training in safe patient
handling, trained in safe lifting techniques, includes but not
limited to 1) Appropriate use of lifting devices and equipment, 2)
Five areas of body exposure: vertical, lateral, bariatric
repositioning and ambulation, 3) Use of lifting devices to handle
4. Uses professional judgment and clinical assessment in safe
patient handling that are consistent with Safe Patient Handling
5. Uses two patient identifiers consistently when drawing lab,
administering medications and performing procedures. Follows
medication reconciliation policy consistently.
6. Does not use unacceptable abbreviations in documentation (uses
read back on all telephone orders.) Monitors authentication and
validation of telephone orders within 24 hours by the
7. Ensures consistently that all clinical alarms, i.e. cardiac
monitors are set with the appropriate parameters for the patient
and are audible at all times.
8. Ensures Crash Cart, defibrillation function have been checked
per protocol and after each code, appropriate items are immediately
replaced and indicated by signature on crash cart checklist.
9. Is in compliance with information contained in the Infection
Manual (i.e. OSHA blood borne pathogen standards, CDC Guidelines),
and demonstrates appropriate use of personal protective equipment
(e.g., gloves, gowns, masks, goggles) and hand hygiene
10. Gives thorough, detailed efficient change of shift report or
upon patient intra-department transfer to ensure consistency in the
plan of care. Uses the SBAR communication methodology in all
11. Assists physicians with special tests and procedures in the
unit. Uses universal protocol time out on all patients for any
12. Avoids and prevents injury to self and patients by applying the
principles of body mechanics. Maintains a safe environment,
functioning with an awareness and application of safety issues
identified within the unit/facility, i.e. suction and oxygen
immediately available when needed.
13. Completes pain assessment and reassessment consistently within
the time frame after giving pain medications and upon discharge or
transfer of patients.
14. Completes documentation of medications given to the patient on
the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and narcotic sheet.
15. Initiates discharge and patient / family education planning
with proper documentation on the patient record or electronic
medical record (EMR).
16. Establishes priorities of patient care based on essential needs
and available resources of time, equipment, personnel and
17. Formulates, maintains and updates a goal directed plan of care
on patients which is prioritized and based on patient outcomes.
18. Detects and reports medication errors and ADRs according to
hospital policy. Safely and accurately administers medications and
documents properly on the MAR in a timely manner.
19. Complies with all regulatory requirements for clinical
pathways, clinical assessments, interventions and documentation
20. Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications 1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain
3. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain
4. Previous Acute Care hospital experience preferred.
5. Ventilator Management experience preferred.
6. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not
discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability,
race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other
protected characteristics. - If you need special accommodation for
the application process, please contact Human Resources. - EEO is
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Harlingen , Seasonal Registered Nurse - Med/Surg Tele - Full Time - Days, Healthcare , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!