Hospice Registered Nurse - Hospice
Company: Amedisys Inc
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Hospice Registered NurseWhat You Will Do
As a hospice registered nurse for Amedisys, you have the special
opportunity to provide one on one hospice and palliative care to
terminally ill patients in their home. In collaboration with a full
hospice interdisciplinary team, your work will including the
development and delivery of a patient specific care plan for the
patient and caregivers.
* Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in patient's
condition or environment to the Clinical Manager/Physician and
other members of the health care team.
* Performs initial nursing assessment on new admissions and
completes initial plan of care. Coordinates the total Plan of Care
and maintains continuity of patient care by collaborating with
appropriate staff. Revises plan of care as needed. Completes
updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates
changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and contractors
providing patient care.
* Initiates appropriate palliative nursing procedures. Administers
medications and treatments as written in the patient's plan of
* Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
* Provides education/teaching to families/caregivers/patients
related to appropriate patient care techniques.
* Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
* Participates in nursing service evaluations, follow ups, care
center performance improvement initiatives, and period quality
* Initiates, plans, and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
* Assists in assigning LPN and Hospice Assistants to individual
patients and supervises their care.
* Participates in care center QAPI activities and interdisciplinary
* Performs on-call responsibilities and on-call services to
patients/families as assigned.
* Complies with policies, procedures and regulatory mandates
including but not limited to abiding to the terms of the Amedisys
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to the state(s) the employee is assigned to work/cover for
the company. May possess either a single state license in each
non-compact state and/or a compact license in their state of
residence that is accepted in all Nurse License Compact (NLC)
* Nurse License Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual
recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one
license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other
states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's
practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC
state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
* One (1 ) year of experience as a Registered Nurse or eligible for
RN intern program.
* Current CPR certification.
* Knowledge of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of
terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
* Prior Hospice experience.
* Computer literate, proficient in windows navigation, emails,
internet and documenting in an EMR. Able to self-manage online HR
services and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Inc, Harlingen , Hospice Registered Nurse - Hospice, Healthcare , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!