Company: Reddy Ice
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Worker Time Type
To ensure that our customer's bagged ice needs are met as well as
maximizing the productivity of our equipment at each location
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish an on-going relationship with store management by
completing scheduled route.
2. Communicate with store or location management at each assigned
stop to ensure complete satisfaction with the Packaged Ice
3. Invoice and/or credit bags when selling new boxes of bags, or
per retailer policy; submit a sale/credit report to supervisor at
4. Maintain in-store bag inventory levels as designated by
5. Conform to each store location's policies regarding vendor
delivery and back door receiving times.
6. Maximize the production of bagged ice at each location by back
stocking ice to the freezer vaults or backroom freezer. Move ice to
satellite locations as necessary.
7. Maintain a stacked, well-merchandised display case. Rotate the
ice during every visit.
8. Fully and accurately complete the log located in each machine
during every visit. Submit the log to management at the end of each
month, along with the last bi-weekly checklist.
9. Service Ice Factory machines according to designated Ice Factory
Playbook schedule, to include clearing codes, fixing bag jams,
replacing grippers, sealing tape, and testing the water
10. Clean the exterior of the Ice Factory machine and kick plate,
and verify door seals are tight against the box and that the box is
clean of water during every visit.
11. Clean and sanitize the Ice Factory drain pans, hopper nozzle,
distribution chute, ice maker air filters, box condenser, the
inside of the bagger and the box at least every two weeks or per
Ice Factory Playbook schedule. Fill out the bi-weekly checklist and
leave it in the Log Book. Have a member of the store management
team verify and sign off on the checklist.
12. Immediately report any major machine issues to management.
13. Regularly attends company sponsored RM training as required.
Contributes to discussions regarding equipment
maintenance/productivity and best practices via Skype, conference
calls, and through other technology.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities required or assigned
15. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value
honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to
be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
* Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
* Ability to work in an unfatigued state
* Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
* Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short
* Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of
cognitive function and judgment
* Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or
emergency situations and/or alarms
* Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about
* Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to
rapidly respond to stimuli
* Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can
adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required
* Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating
conditions CONTACTS: Internal: FEST, FESM, Plant Managers, VP
On-Site Solutions External: Retail Store Management
OPERATING RESPONSIBILITIES: Delivery of Ice Factory bags and credit
to retail customer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
* 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred but not
* Must hold a valid driver's license (Class C) and have an
acceptable MVR. Retail Merchandisers use their own vehicles and are
reimbursed with a fixed monthly fee for depreciation and auto
insurance, and a per-mile variable fee for fuel and
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Retail stores, driving
between retail stores and plant location. Ability to climb ladders
and work with light duty tools. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Work
is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The
ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative
relationships, and reason through complex business situations is
essential. This position requires occasional overtime and may also
require night/weekend work.
Keywords: Reddy Ice, Harlingen , Retail Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!