Company: Strategic Behavioral Health
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Job DescriptionLevel EntryJob Location Strategic BH - Brownsville -
Harlingen, TXPosition Type PRN - on callEducation Level High
SchoolSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift
AnyJob Category Health Care POSITION SUMMARY
The Housekeeper maintains assigned areas in a clean, safe, sanitary
and orderly manner. Advises Director, Environmental Services on
environmental services equipment needs and repairs. Ensures that
infectious waste and confidential disposal contractors perform as
scheduled. Assists Director, Environmental Services with
environmental services work scheduling and special projects.
Education / Licensure:
This position requires a graduation from an accredited high school
or equivalent. Previous housekeeping services experience is
1) Organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines; 2)
knowledge of basic environmental services duties; 3) knowledge in
universal precautions; 4) effective oral and written
Timely renew and maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation for the
healthcare professional certification, annual professional skills
verification and "Handle with Care" (psychiatric crisis management)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In accordance with hospital policies, washes beds and
mattresses and remakes bed after dismissal of patients.
- Maintains utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly
- Attentive to infection control standards, transports soiled
linen to storage area and distributes laundered articles and
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors. Work is performed
with careful attention to slips/fall risks during and after
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels and
- Empties wastebaskets, transports trash and waste to disposal
- Practices standard/universal precautions and environmental
safety guidelines, including instructions upon MSDS for materials
encountered during task completion.
- Complies with established measures for infection control, OSHA
regulations and Safety/Risk Management plans, policies and
- Coordinates confidential document and infectious waste disposal
- Assists with maintaining hospital Material Safety Data Sheet
- Assists Director, Environmental Services with conducting
environmental/performance improvement rounds.
- Champions the AIDET approach to customer service (Acknowledge,
Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank-You). Models a steady
practice of AIDET throughout the customer experience. In-person and
telephone communication is consistently attentive, responsive and
- Professional awareness and boundaries are observed.
- Telephones are answered by the third ring whenever possible
along with a professional greeting. Dedicated extensions/mobile
phones with voice mail have a personalized greeting and messages
retrieved/responded to in a timely manner.
- Critical customer encounters are met with advanced skills and
timely resolution. Understands how to escalate concerns when beyond
the department's scope.
Note: SBH reserves the right to adjust the above duties and make
assignments to specific areas appropriate to this position and in
support of the facility's operational requirements.
DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Environment: Located in an indoor climate controlled environment
with constant exposure to patients with a psychiatric diagnosis
along with medical complications. Water and cleaning equipment
introduces risk for slips/falls. Use of trained safety precautions
and proper slip resistant footwear can greatly diminish these
risks. Patient acuity will at times increase environmental
stressors and sound volume.
Sight: Vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Hearing: Must be able to hear and respond to others in person, by
telephone, alarms and to medical equipment/devices.
OSHA Category 1: Task occasionally may involve exposure to blood,
body fluids, tissue and other potentially infectious materials. The
use of universal precautions, personal protective equipment,
regular hand washing, and following manufacturing guidelines can
greatly reduce exposure risk.
Physical: This position requires regular sitting, stooping,
standing, walking and lifting/reaching/carrying materials up to 35
lbs. Psychiatric emergencies require the use of safe physical
techniques to lift and/or move patients in excess of 100lbs.
Employees are urged to use slip resistant footwear in wet are damp
areas and follow lifting guidelines.
Keywords: Strategic Behavioral Health, Harlingen , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!