Company: DataLogic Software, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2021
We are seeking a Database Administrator and Developer to become
an integral part of our Development and Support Team. The Database
Administrator and Developer's role is to develop and maintain
databases across the organization, while ensuring high levels of
data availability. In addition, evaluate and advise on all
technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking
capabilities for database management systems and applications. As
part of the role, they will be responsible for implementing data
dashboards to all levels of the organization.Responsibilities:
- Design databases and database applications to support current
and future applications products, ensuring system scalability,
security, performance, and reliability.
- Scope of development and implementation work based on
requirements, suggest possible database solutions, identify
components and tasks, and provide time estimates.
- Develop high-performing, scalable solutions including schema
design, storage engines, indexing strategies, SQL tuning, ETL
processes and Stored Procedures.
- Design interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary
tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable
efficient access to the database.
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables and
supporting database structures (stored procedures, views, triggers,
- Importing and exporting data in a variety of file formats using
various database applications, primarily SSRS and SSIS.
- Develop and document database architectures, schema, physical
structure, functional capability, security, back-up, and recovery
- Maintain developed source code in the repository for all
databases and keep all build programs up to date.
- Design tables and integration patterns that meet the business
requirements in collaboration with the Application Architect.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate to new
- Collaborate with Development Team and other IT staff to set
specifications for new applications.
- Write high-quality code to program complete applications within
expected time frames and schedules.
- Participate in scheduled software and system update
- Participate in migration and update projects, as well as
software and data request support.---Required Skills:
- Experience primarily with SQL Server and Oracle and including
SAP Advantage and Azure.
- Experience in database architecture and development including
PL/SQL, Store Procedures, Trigger and Jobs.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented software development
- Microsoft technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#.NET,
- Experience in RESTful service framework.
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Ability to write design specifications.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Project Deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal Software Team
members and Customers good verbal, written, and interpersonal
- SQL Server and Oracle Development
- Azure DevOps
- Internal and external
- SAP Advantage Database Admin
- RESTful service framework
- Entity Framework or other modelingJob Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payApplication Question(s):
- Are you willing to undergo a background check?
- Is relocation an option?Education:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Database administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oracle: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL Server: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: DataLogic Software, Inc., Harlingen , SQL DBA/Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!