Acute Dialysis Charge Nurse RN
Company: Boson Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Core Dialysis provides dialysis care to patients in
acute care settings. Core is looking for an experienced dialysis
registered nurse dedicated to quality and compassionate care to
join our team at Solara Specialty Hospital in Harlingen, and
Brownsville, Tx as a charge nurse. This is a full-time
Provides dialysis treatment and education for patients in the
hospital setting. Uses the nursing process to ensure physical,
social, psychological and spiritual needs are met. Responsible for
providing dialysis treatment and assessing patient needs while
receiving dialysis. Provide education and coordinates care between
members of the healthcare team to optimize the patient/client's
understanding of their condition and care requirements.
The statements below describe the
general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They
are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, and
additional responsibilities may be delegated as required.
- Applies assessment, planning, implementation/intervention and
evaluation to meet individual patient and facility needs. Follows
all patient specific and facility level policies, procedures and
- Provides safe and effective treatment to the patients in
compliance with standards outlined in the Axis Dialysis Policy and
Procedure Manual, as well as regulations set forth by the state and
- Educates the patient and family regarding hemodialysis.
- Documents all pertinent facility and patient data, assessments,
plan of care and evaluations in medical record according to policy
- Applies principles of pharmacology to the prescribed plan of
care for patients.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares, administers and documents
all prescribed medications. Ensures that all medication processes
are in compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and
- Demonstrates effective delegation and supervision of clinical
- Delegate duties in accordance with state regulatory
requirements. Provides accurate and timely patient data to
associate in charge to ensure safety of patient and
- Assesses the health educational needs of patients/families and
provides instruction with emphasis on health maintenance, disease
prevention, and self-care concepts.
- Mobilizes appropriate resources to best meet those needs.
Serves as an educational resource.
- Rotates coverage with other licensed staff to ensure reliable
and adequate coverage and participates in on-call coverage as
A.. Education and Experience:
- Current Texas state RN License
- Current CPR
B.. Skills and Abilities:
- Strong clinical and leadership skills
- Ability to organize and establish priorities to perform
assigned duties in an effective and efficient manner
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to use reasonable care in carrying out verbal and
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Boson Health, Harlingen , Acute Dialysis Charge Nurse RN, Other , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!