Posted on: January 15, 2022
Are you searching for a long-term career position with a strong
company offering a solid track record of success? If you have the
qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the
technical skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you
to join our growing company!
Summary - This role will ensure all asset reliability and
maintenance operations are conducted per policies, Company approved
practices, safety policies, and in conjunction with the Production
Manager. It will ensure all facility and processing equipment are
functioning per manufacturer's design specifications and will
identify areas to improve processes, procedures, maintenance
practices, and on-going training for all maintenance staff. This
position will improve the functionality and reliability of all
production and facility equipment, including but not limited to:
mechanical, electrical, steam, pneumatic, wastewater pretreatment,
and hydraulic systems equipment and components.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems and determines
corrective action by checking blueprints, schematics, repair
manuals, and parts catalogs.
- Inspects, operates, and tests machinery and equipment to
diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Performs basic welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, and
- Troubleshoots and repairs Programmable Logic Controllers
(PLC's) and associated control systems.
- Performs and assigns all preventive maintenance on facility and
production assets; follows blueprints and schematics, operations
manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering
specifications using a documented schedule.
- Performs boiler chemical testing; record results in the log
books; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Performs wastewater pretreatment system testing; record results
in logbooks; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Manages and assigns all equipment maintenance, including
repairs which cannot be completed during normal hours.
- Assumes responsibility for all shifts in the maintenance
- Oversees and maintains all maintenance related regulatory and
environmental compliance requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of safety within the
- Performs Confined Space procedures where appropriate.
- Performs Lockout/Tagout procedures where appropriate.
- Monitors training status of technicians and provides time for
required training as needed.
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Along with the Production Manager, develops, manages, and
maintains budget for building, equipment, capital expenditures, and
parts & labor.
- Teaches, trains, and develops maintenance partners.
- High school diploma or GED required.Two-year technical degree
in an appropriate background preferred.
- Equipment Maintenance Knowledge - Minimum of 3 years' work
experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a
production environment required.Applicable military experience will
be considered.Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising
maintenance personnel is preferred.
- Equipment Knowledge such as wiring, electrical, electronic
components, pipe systems and plumbing, and mechanical
- Maintenance Management experience including planning,
scheduling, budgeting, negotiating, parts management, vendor
management, maintenance management systems required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed
in English required.
- Experience using Hand & Power tools required.
- Lockout/Tagout experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record are
UniFirst is one of North America's largest workwear and textile
service companies, providing managed uniform, protective clothing,
and custom corporate image apparel programs to businesses in
diverse industries. Our Core Values of Customer Focus, Respect for
Others, and Commitment to Quality are what has made UniFirst
successful since 1936.
Join the team that puts customers and your future first -
We offer a comprehensive benefits package of over 50 items with the
following benefits highlighted:
- 401K with Company match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount on UniFirst products
- Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
Keywords: UniFirst, Harlingen , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!