Veterans Preferred - Maintenance Technician B
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -POSITION SUMMARY: - -
With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance
Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance Technician B
performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel
equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis
components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic
electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC
components, suspension, drive train and steering systems. The
Maintenance Technician B may also perform basic tire work, such as
replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks. - Enjoy the
benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art
equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and
servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the
- Tackle a new challenge every day;
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Serve your community and your customers
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment and your worldPRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:--- Maintains
a working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency in, the
following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to
perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both on-site
and on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the
Company's equipment is returned to operation in a safe and
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they
do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to
change at the discretion of the Company..QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be
performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8
trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are
a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver's License.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position
demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered
equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an
accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision
in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: suspensions & steering; general engine,
transmissions, brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive train, diesel
emissions. Why choose Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about
taking on a new job, it's about making a commitment to create a
more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere.As a company, we are proud of our values and
encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team: - We
protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices
everywhere, every day. - We are committed to serving our customers
and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations. -
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being
environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way. - We encourage
a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and
dignity of every person.Republic Services is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. - Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Harlingen , Veterans Preferred - Maintenance Technician B, Professions , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!