TECHNICIAN - FURNITURE REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Company: Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Ashley HomeStore, the Mattress and Furniture retailer in North
America, has an immediate opening for a Furniture Repair
Technician. The ideal candidate is responsible for repairing and
refinishing furniture at the distribution center/warehouse and at
customer homes. NOW OFFERING ON DEMAND PAY OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
- 401k Plan
- Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more KEY JOB
- Repair damaged furniture to new condition in the allotted time
- Complete upholstery repair including mechanism
- Determine if furniture is repairable or if it must be
- Report any incomplete or problem service calls to the Guest
- Record completed repairs and any further repairs needed and/or
parts that need to be ordered onto the service call ticket.
- Notify the Guest Response Team and DC Manager of repeated item
- Complete weekly vehicle maintenance logs.
- Maintain a clean and organized shop area/service truck.
- Assist with various warehouse tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma.
- 1 year practical work experience in furniture repair including
upholstery, leather repairs and wood refinishing
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products and
ability to learn in-house computer programs.
- Valid Driver's License. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability toadjust focus to
read reports, view computer screen, etc.
- Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with
- Must be able to speak so that others will be able to
- Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with both hands to
include keyboarding,handwriting, office/POS equipment and handheld
- Will remain on one's feet in an upright position and move about
- Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or
- Will lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds and more with
- Will work predominately in a warehouse environment; occasional
work atnew retail locations under construction. Potential exposure
to oil, latex, and spray paint, household chemicals,biological
odors and household dusts; moderate office noise.
- Understand and maintain all safe work practices and rules.
- Other duties as assigned, essential or otherwise. Ashley
HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley HomeStore does
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status
or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Education Required
- High School or better Skills Required
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Keywords: Ashley Furniture HomeStore, Harlingen , TECHNICIAN - FURNITURE REPAIR TECHNICIAN, Professions , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!