Maintenance Technician 1
Company: UniFirst Corporation
Posted on: November 6, 2019
Are you searching for a long-term career position with a strong
company offering a solid track record of success? If you have the
qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the
technical skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you
to join our growing company!
Summary - This role will repair, maintain, install, and
troubleshoot industrial equipment, systems, and components,
including but not limited to: large capacity washers and dryers,
pneumatic and steam systems, conveyor systems, and boilers. They
will execute preventive/predictive maintenance, resolve safety
concerns, and perform indoor and outdoor facility and equipment
* Uses common tools including but not limited to: hand and power
tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches,
precision measuring instruments, and electrical and electronic
* Ensures safe operation of machinery, mechanical, electrical,
pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and components;
following blueprints and schematics, operations manuals,
manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
* Troubleshoots sources of equipment problems.
* May be required to perform boiler chemical testing; records
result in log books; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
* May be required to perform daily and weekly safety checks on
boilers and makes necessary repairs.
* May be required to perform wastewater pre-treatment system
testing; record results in logbooks; and makes necessary chemistry
* Records and analyzes meter readings of utilities in logs and
takes corrective actions where appropriate.
* Performs daily and weekly location and systems safety checks and
follows up to address concerns.
* Inspects motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters,
and performs other maintenance actions while following maintenance
* Performs various welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC,
cutting, and brazing.
* Inspects, cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and
other parts of location equipment per work procedures or technical
* Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
* High school diploma or GED required.Two-year technical degree in
an appropriate background preferred.
* Equipment Maintenance Knowledge - Minimum of 6 months' work
experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a
production environment required.Applicable military experience will
* Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
* Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in
* Basic computer and Microsoft office skills required.
* Experience using Hand & Power tools required.
* Lockout/Tagout experience required.
* Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
UniFirst is one of North America's largest workwear and textile
service companies, providing managed uniform, protective clothing,
and custom corporate image apparel programs to businesses in
diverse industries. Our Core Values of Customer Focus, Respect for
Others, and Commitment to Quality are what has made UniFirst
successful since 1936.
Join the team that puts customers and your future first -
We offer a comprehensive benefits package of over 50 items with the
following benefits highlighted:
* 401K with Company match
* Profit Sharing
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Supplemental Life Insurance
* Long Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Programs
* Sick Time
* Paid Holidays
* Direct Payroll Deposit
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 30% Employee Discount on UniFirst products
* Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
Keywords: UniFirst Corporation, Harlingen , Maintenance Technician 1, Professions , Harlingen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!